Public Access

Maryland Archaeological Synthesis Database

Phase II and Phase III Archaeological Database and Inventory
18PR983    Market Master's House

Site Data
Site Number: 18PR983
Site Name: Market Master's House
Other name(s): Ship Ballast House; MIHP PG:69-8
Prehistoric:
Historic:
Unknown:
Brief Description: Mid 18th-20th century stone dwelling and/or commercial establishment; Late Archaic & Woodland short-term camps
Site Location and Environmental Data
Latitude: 38.94
Longitude: -76.93
Elevation:  
Site slope: 0-25%
Maryland Archaeo Research Unit No.: 11
SCS soil & sediment code: CnD,ZN,UrzA
Physiographic province: Western Shore Coastal Plain
Terrestrial site:
Underwater site:
Ethnobotany profile:
Maritime site:
Site setting: -Site Setting restricted -Lat/Long accurate to within 1 sq. mile, user may need to make slight adjustments in mapping to account for sites near state/county lines or streams
Topography
Floodplain:
Hilltop/bluff:
Interior flat:
Upland flat:
Ridgetop:
Terrace:
Low terrace:
High terrace:
Rockshelter/cave:
Hillslope:
Unknown:
Other:
Other Text:  
Ownership
Private:
Federal:
State of MD:
Regional/county/city:
Unknown:
Nearest Surface Water
Name (if any): Unnamed tributary of Anacostia River
Saltwater
Ocean:
Estuary/tidal river:
Tidewater/marsh:
Freshwater
Stream/river:
Swamp:
Lake or pond:
Spring:

Min distance to water:
76 meters
Temporal Contextual Data
Paleoindian:  
Archaic:  
Early Archaic: Y
Middle Archaic:  
Late Archaic: Y
Woodland:  
MD Adena:  
Early Woodland:  
Middle Woodland: Y
Late Woodland:  
Unknown prehistoric:  
Contact period site:  
ca. 1630 - 1675:  
ca. 1675 - 1720:  
ca. 1720 - 1780: Y
ca. 1780 - 1820: Y
ca. 1820 - 1860: Y
ca. 1860 - 1900: Y
ca. 1900 - 1930: Y
Post 1930: Y
Unknown historic:  
Unknown context:  

Y=Confirmed, P=Possible

Ethnic Associations (historic only)
Native American:  
African American:  
Anglo-American: Y
Hispanic:  
Asian American:  
Unknown:  
Other:  
Other Text:  

Y=Confirmed, P=Possible

Site Function Contextual Data
Prehistoric
Multi-component:
Village:
Hamlet:
Base camp:
Rockshelter/cave:
Earthen mound:
Cairn:
Burial area:
Misc. ceremonial:
Rock art:
Shell midden:
STU/lithic scatter:
Quarry/extraction:
Fish weir:
Production area:
Unknown:
Other PH context:
 
Historic
Urban/Rural?:
Urban
Domestic:
Homestead:
Farmstead:
Mansion:
Plantation:
Row/townhome:
Cellar:
Privy:
Industrial:
Mining-related:
Quarry-related:
Mill:
 
Black/metalsmith:
Furnace/forge:
Other industrial:
 
Transportation:
Canal-related:
Road/railroad:
Wharf/landing:
Maritime-related:
Bridge:
Ford:
Educational:
Commercial:
Trading post:
Store:
Tavern/inn:
Military:
Battlefield:
Fortification:
Encampment:
Townsite:
Unknown:
Other hist context:
 
Interpretive Sampling Data
Prehistoric context samples
Soil samples taken: N
Flotation samples taken: Y
Other samples taken: Pollen, Faunal
Historic context samples
Soil samples taken: N
Flotation samples taken: Y
Other samples taken: Pollen, Faunal

Diagnostic Artifact Data

Projectile Point Types
Clovis:  
Hardaway-Dalton:  
Palmer: 1
Kirk (notch):  
Kirk (stem):  
Le Croy:  
Morrow Mountain:  
Guilford:  
Brewerton: 1
Otter Creek:  
Koens-Crispin:  
Perkiomen:  
Susquehana: 3
Vernon:  
Piscataway:  
Calvert:  
Selby Bay:  
Jacks Reef (notch):  
Jacks Reef (pent):  
Madison/Potomac:  
Levanna:  

All quantities exact or estimated minimal counts

Prehistoric Sherd Types
Marcey Creek:  
Dames Quarter:  
Selden Island:  
Accokeek:  
Wolfe Neck:  
Vinette:  
Popes Creek: 1
Coulbourn:  
Watson:  
Mockley: 11
Clemson Island:  
Page:  
Shepard:  
Townsend:  
Minguannan:  
Sullivan Cove:  
Shenks Ferry:  
Moyaone:  
Potomac Creek:  
Keyser:  
Yeocomico:  
Monongahela:  
Susquehannock:  

All quantities exact or estimated minimal counts

Historic Sherd Types
Earthenware
Astbury: 23
Borderware: 2
Buckley: 12
Creamware: 2197
Ironstone: 37
Jackfield: 70
Manganese Mottled: 25
North Devon: 3
Pearlware: 2912
Staffordshire: 6
Tin Glazed: 66
Whiteware: 2380
Porcelain: 324
Stoneware
English Brown: 52
English Dry-bodied:  
Nottingham: 23
Rhenish: 14
White Salt-glazed: 188

All quantities exact or estimated minimal counts

Prehistoric Artifacts
Flaked stone: 1255
Ground stone:  
Stone bowls:  
Fire-cracked rock: 27
Other lithics (all): 4
Ceramics (all): 16
Rimsherds:  
Other fired clay: 1
Human remain(s):
Modified faunal:  
Unmodified faunal:  
Oyster shell:
Floral material:
Uncommon Object:  
Other:
 

All quantities exact or estimated minimal counts

Historic Artifacts
Pottery (all): 9913
Glass (all): 10921
Architectural: 12724
Furniture: 70
Arms: 74
Clothing: 206
Personal items: 165
Tobacco related: 384
Activity item(s): 1243
Human remain(s):
Faunal material:
Misc. kitchen: 3098
Floral material:
Misc.: 3856
Other:
 

All quantities exact or estimated minimal counts

Lithic Material
Jasper:
Chert:
Rhyolite:
Quartz:
Quartzite:
Ferruginous quartzite:
Chalcedony:
Ironstone:
Argillite:
Steatite:
Sandstone:
Silicified sandstone:
European flint:
Basalt:
Unknown:
Other:
greenstone,hornfels,siltstone,orthoquartzite

Features

Dated Features
Dated features present at site:
 
Prehistoric Features
Mound(s):  
Midden:
Shell midden:
Postholes/molds:
House pattern(s):
Palisade(s):
Hearth(s):
Lithic reduction area:
Storage/trash pit:
Burial(s):
Ossuary:
Unknown:
Other:
 
Historic Features
Construction feature:
Foundation:
Cellar hole/cellar:
Hearth/chimney:
Postholes/molds:
Paling ditch/fence:
Privy/outhouse:
Well/cistern:
Trash pit/dump:
Sheet midden:
Planting feature:
Road/walkway:
Depression/mound:
Burial(s):
Railroad bed:
Earthworks:
Mill raceway:
Wheel pit:
Unknown:
Other:
drip line, wheel ruts
Radiocarbon Data
Sample 1:   +-   years BP  
Reliability
 
Sample 2:   +-   years BP  
Reliability
 
Sample 3:   +-   years BP  
Reliability
 
Sample 4:   +-   years BP  
Reliability
 
Sample 5:   +-   years BP  
Reliability
 
Sample 6:   +-   years BP  
Reliability
 
Sample 7: 0 +-   years BP  
Reliability
 
Sample 8:   +-   years BP  
Reliability
 
Sample 9:   +-   years BP  
Reliability
 

Additional radiocarbon results available:
   
External Samples/Data
Additional raw data may be available online:
Collection curated at MAC
Summary
The Market Master House (18PR983), also known as the “Ship Ballast House”, consists consists primarily of the mid-18th to 20th century archeological deposits associated with an 18th century ca. 1760 stone house and sometime commercial building in Bladensburg, Prince George’s County. Late Archaic and Woodland era short-term camps have also been recognized at the site. The Market Master House (MIHP# PG:69-8) is listed on the National Register of Historic places. The original block of the extant structure is a 2 x 1 bay, gable-roof, 25 X 20 foot structure, 1 ½ half storeys in height, of randomly laid roughly shaped stone. It contains one room on the first storey, a corner stair and one room on the second storey, lightened by a gable roof dormer on the north and south roof slopes. The house parcel extends eastward from the house, fronting a local road along which the main entrance is located. To the west, the parcel abuts a high embankment supporting a highway overpass. . The surrounding landscape is heavy developed: a typical urban landscape for Prince George’s County. Soils at the site are mapped as frequently flooded urban land and Zekiah silt loams. Located on Lot 38 of the original town plat, the Market Master House represents one of only a few surviving examples of mid 18th century colonial vernacular stone architecture in the Bladensburg area. It was traditionally speculated that the house was constructed of ballast stone from European ships, but analysis by a University of Maryland geologist suggests that the quartz/mica schist was sourced from northern Montgomery County or from the vicinity of Baltimore. The property was originally purchased from the Bladensburg Town Commissioners by Francis Finn on March 5th, 1742, though Finn had to forfeit the property 18 months later for failing to construct a “tenantable house” on the site. The Town Commissioners again sold the property on June 5th, 1746 to George Scott, but after failing to improve the lot, Scott was forced to repurchase the site before eventually forfeiting it to the Commission. Christopher Lowndes then bought the property from the Commissioners on September 23rd, 1760, and apparently met the terms of sale sometime before the next public auction on February 26th, 1765. It is therefore reasonable to assume a date of ca. 1760 for construction of the house. Built on the northwestern corner of Lot 38, the house was erected to the immediate south of Lot 37, designated as a public market in 1746 by the Town Commission. The eastern portion of Lot 37 was slated for the construction of a tobacco warehouse by 1784, while the remainder of the lot was designated a public market place. Despite its colloquial name and proximity to the commercial activity of Lot 37, historical documentation does not support the notion that the Market Master’s House was used as the tobacco inspector’s residence. Historic documents remain silent on the use of the building until 1798, when it is listed as a dwelling in the Federal Direct Tax records with Henry Jones as occupant. An 1800 notice in the George-Town and Washington Advisor indicates that several Prince George’s County residents intended to petition the Maryland General Assembly for a road leading from Bladensburg to Washington, DC, which would run “across the Eastern Branch opposite Mr. Lowndes’ store”. We know that following Lowndes death in 1808, a “store” was sited on Lot 38, but it is likely that “Mr. Lowndes’ store”in this instance refers to Benjamin Lowndes’ warehouse which was located on Lot 60 near the wharf. In 1802, Lowndes was relieved of his duties as Postmaster for twice failing to remain at his post until the mail arrived, having instead returned to his home to await its late arrival. A Washington Federalist editorial defended Benjamin Lowndes’ behavior, citing that the distance from his home to the post office/store “does not exceed 630 yards”. This would have allowed him ample time to get to the post office and examine mail within the 15 minutes allowed for its exchange. Lowndes’ home on Lot 60 was indeed approximately this distance from the post office, thus substantiating the idea that the Market Master’s House served a postal and commercial function at the turn of the 19th century. When Lowndes died in 1808, the Market Master’s House and a frame dwelling on Lot 38 were bequeathed to his son, Christopher. The executors of his estate advertised the Lowndes Company Store for rent (and its dry goods, groceries, and other wares for sale). Upon Christopher Lowndes’ death in 1823, the house passed to his brother-in-law, William B. Jackson (wedded to Elizabeth Lowndes in 1813). Though Jackson left Bladensburg after 1828, the 1858 and 1867 Boyd’s Directories for the District of Columbia list him as the operator of DC-based grocery, Jackson Brothers & Company. The Jackson family sold Lot 38 on May 26th, 1851 to Elizabeth’s sister, Eleanor, who, together with her husband Dr. Thomas Anderson (married in 1841), occupied the house on Lot 29 to the south of the Market Master’s House. In 1879, the Andersons assigned Lots 38 and 39 to trustees George J. Seufferle and Richard T. Morsell as security for a $750 loan borrowed from William B. Jackson. The loan terms were never satisfied, forcing the trustees to sell the properties at auction in 1883. They were purchased by Prince George’s County resident Andrew D. Headley for investment purposes. Headley eventually subdivided Lot 38 in 1892 and sold the southern portion to attorney and real estate investor Marion Duckett that same year. Another portion of the lot was conveyed to Laura and Frank Gasch (Headley’s daughter and son-in-law), although this portion was eventually acquired by Duckett in 1901 and thus secured his full ownership of the southern half of Lot 38. The northern half, which contained the Market Master’s House, was retained by Headley and eventually conveyed to the Gasch family, along with Lot 39 (purchased by Headley from the Andersons in 1883). Though owned by the Gasches, the family resided in the house on Lot 39 and rented the Market Master’s House to Lucie E. Lloyd. Lucie Lloyd lived in the house with a 35-year-old African American detective, John E. Bowles, and his 61-year-old mother, Margaret J. Bowles. They are listed as occupants on the 1900 Census and resided there around April 1918, when the rest of Lot 38 was sold to Marion Duckett. In the fashion of the lot’s previous proprietor, Duckett subdivided it and sold a portion containing the Market Master’s House to Raymond and Louise Evans. Upon Raymond’s retirement from the US Department of Agriculture in 1944, he and Louise transferred ownership of the property to their daughter, Helen, and her husband Shaw Matthews. The Matthews family expanded the house sometime in the mid 20th century, doubling its size with the addition of a stone-façade lean-to wing. Other alterations, including new window sashes and openings, as well as the addition of a shed-roof dormer, completed the renovation project. Ten years after taking over ownership of the Market Master’s House, Helen and Shaw Matthews sold the property to the State Roads Commission in November 1954. In order to widen Kenilworth Avenue, the house was slated for demolition. In October, 1955, Susanna Cristofane purchased the property from the State Roads Commission and became instrumental in preserving the Market Master’s House. She also is credited with spearheading efforts to preserve other Bladensburg historic sites (including the Magruder House and the Indian Queen Tavern) when rapid post-WWII development threatened the district’s historic integrity. Cristofane conveyed the house to her daughter, Susanna Cristofane Yatman, in September 1986. Under her ownership, the Market Master’s House underwent renovations in 2004 to stabilize the foundations, repair architectural flaws, and update infrastructural elements. The property was most recently purchased in 2007 by the George and Carmel D. Aman Memorial Trust, and is listed on the Maryland Inventory of Historic Places (MIHP# PG:69-8) and the National Register of Historic Places. The first documented archeological investigation at 18PR983 occurred in November of 2008. It entailed a ground penetrating radar (GPR) survey of the grounds surrounding the house. The survey made use of a GSSI SIR 200 Ground Penetrating Radar set at 400 MHz that was tracked along intervals of 0.25 meters. The tracking lines and elevations were surveyed using a Leica TCR307 total station. Three anomalies of potential archeological interest were found within the Market Master House grounds. Correlating archeological or geological features to the 2008 identified anomalies was one of the goals of archeological fieldwork that was carried out beginning in the spring of 2009. In 2009 and 2010, major field investigations were carried out at 3 historic sites in Bladensburg (one of which was 18PR983) by the Maryland State Highway Administration (SHA) along with the Center for Heritage Resources Studies at the University of Maryland (CHRS) with assistance from archeological contracting firms. Portions of the sites are located on state-owned land (highway right-of-way). In addition, the Maryland Historical Trust holds a preservation easement on the property. The work was carried out as part of the outreach for the War of 1812 bicentennial celebration to determine the location, type and integrity of features and artifacts related to these three properties. It was hoped that additional historical information would aid in a fuller understanding of the sites, their relation to each other and to other historic properties in Bladensburg, and the War of 1812. All three sites had been the subject of the prior GPR study. The 2009/2010 field investigations consisted of mechanical removal of pavement, excavation of one mechanical trench, and manual excavation of shovel test pits (STPs) and test units. At 18PR983, fifty-three STPs and eighteen 1.52 X 1.52 m (5 x 5 ft) square test units around the extant house. The mechanical trench was placed in the paved portion of the south part of the historic market square where a GPR anomaly had previously been identified. A concrete saw was used to make the initial cut into the asphalt and a tracked front end loader removed the pavement and fill while archeologists monitored activities. The trench was approximately 3.05 m (10 ft) long, 1.52 m wide, and excavated to a maximum depth of approximately 91 cm (3 ft) below the surface, at which point water was encountered. A concrete saw was also used to remove pavement for the excavation of STPs within the market square. Within 15.24 m (50 ft) of the house, STPs were placed at 4.6 m (15 ft) or 6.1 m (20 ft) intervals. In the northern portion of the property, STPs further from the house were spaced at 7.62 m (25 ft) intervals. The southern portion of the property was tested at 4.6 m intervals in its entirety. In addition, two judgmental STPs were excavated. STPs were approximately 46 cm (1.5 ft) round tests and were excavated by stratigraphic levels to a depth of at least 122 cm (4 ft) or the identification of a non-culture bearing soil horizon. In total, 43 STPs were excavated adjacent to the house and in the east and south yards. Ten STPs were excavated within the market square, north of the house, six within the asphalt parking lot. The placement of test units was determined through analysis of the results of the shovel test data and the 2008 GPR survey, as well as proximity to the house. Test units were excavated in 9.14 cm (0.3 ft) levels within natural strata. In general, testing extended to the depth of sterile subsoil or rock. Any identified features were mapped and photographed, and small features were bisected or (as needed) excavated in their entirety. Large soil features were sampled based on the portion of the feature that fell within test unit boundaries. Masonry features were mapped, photographed, and generally left in place. Soils recovered from STPs, test units, and features were screened through hardware cloth for uniform recovery of artifacts. Soil samples were collected for flotation from contexts that had a potential to yield information about historic foodways. Additional soil samples were collected for palynology analysis. Stratigraphy varied across the site area. Historic artifacts were identified as deep as 1.4 meters below the ground surface. The portion of the site along the former market grounds is overlain with a concrete parking lot. About 30.5 cm (1 foot) of fill was observed overlying potentially intact historic deposits in this area. The yard around the house featured three to four strata, with a thickness of about 91 cm. Soils ranged in texture across the site including silty loam, sandy loam, loamy sand and sand. Clay fill soils were also observed, particularly adjacent to the house. Initially, 38 features were defined within the Market Master site. Three feature numbers were later eliminated either because the feature was found to be part of a test unit stratum or part of another feature. Of the remaining 35 features, three are non-cultural disturbances such as rodent burrows, and nine are modern intrusion into the site. The remaining cultural features identified range in date from the 18th century to the early 20th century. No prehistoric features were found. Features include 12 post holes and/or molds, four ephemeral soil stains, four pits, a set of possible wheel ruts, and a drip line. Most features were found atop strata that represented historic ground surfaces (based upon artifact recoveries). In total, 1,303 prehistoric artifacts were recovered during the 2009 and 2010 investigations at the Market Master site. These include 1,286 lithics (98.7% of the prehistoric assemblage) and 17 ceramic sherds (1.3%). Although prehistoric artifacts were encountered across the site, there appear to be at least two primary buried, intact components present to the south of the standing house. The first is a discrete, dense, metarhyolite debitage concentration (referred to as Locus A) that dates to the Late Archaic/Early Woodland Transitional Period. Prehistoric assemblages having a high frequency of metarhyolite lithics are uncommon in the Coastal Plain and along the Fall Line. The other deposit is a sparse, but well-defined ceramic scatter dating to the Middle Woodland Period. Though separated in time by more than 500 years, this younger Middle Woodland ceramic scatter partially overlaps with the Transitional Period component at Locus A. Additional diagnostic lithics recovered from the site indicate a minor occupation during the Early and Late Archaic Periods. The lithic sub-assemblage from 18PR983 consisted of 13 projectile points/knives, 3 early stage bifaces, 2 mid stage bifaces, 8 late stage bifaces, 2 other bifaces, 1 spokeshave, 1 graver, 8 scrapers, 3 unifacial tools, 13 cores, 13 utilized/retouched flakes, 8 tested cobbles, 1,180 pieces of debitage, 27 pieces of fire-cracked rock, 1 hammerstone, and 3 manuports or possible manuports. The projectile points were a Brewerton side-notched point, a Genesee stemmed point, a Palmer corner-notched point, 1 Savannah River, 3 Susquehanna Broadspears, 2 unidentified bifurcates, 2 unidentified stemmed points, and 2 unidentified points. Protein residue analysis was carried out on four of the projectile points and a sample of the soil matrix surrounding a bifurcate point. The Palmer point tested positive for deer and human blood. The Genesee point was positive for deer. A Susquehanna Broadspear tested positive for sheep (possibly native Bighorn) and the soil surrounding the bifurcate tested positive for rabbit. The prehistoric ceramic sub-assemblage consisted of 11 Mockley sherds (4 fabric impressed, 7 net impressed), 1 Popes Creek sherd, 4 indeterminate sherds, and 1 fired piece of tempered clay (possibly a clay squeeze). Lithic analysis suggests that during the Late Archaic/Early Woodland Transitional Period, metarhyolite arrived at the site in the form of flake blanks or unfinished bifaces (aka preforms) that had already undergone initial reduction elsewhere. These partially reduced forms underwent thinning and shaping into finished forms. Locus A is best described as a metarhyolite processing station. Additional projectile points/knives identified at the site suggest a minor occupation during the Early and Late Archaic Periods. The sparse, but well-defined, ceramic scatter dating to the Middle Woodland Period was situated to the south of the house. It overlaps somewhat with the Tranisitional Period component at Locus A. The historic assemblage recovered during the 2009/2010 excavatiosn at 18PR983 included 1,243 activity items, 12,724 architectural artifacts (including 4,291 window glass fragments), 206 clothing and sewing items, 70 furniture artifacts (flower pots and lighting glass are counted in the activity assemblage), 9,913 ceramic sherds, 6,630 kitchen glass fragments, 3,023 faunal remains (including 791 shell fragments, 371 fish bones, and 1,852 animal bones), and 75 other kitchen-related artifacts, 165 personal objects, 384 tobacco-related artifacts, 74 arms objects, and 3,856 miscellaneous objects (including 9 rodent bones). The ceramic sherd assemblage included 2 possible borderware, 66 tin-glazed earthenware, 70 Jackfield, 3 North Devon sherds, 23 Astbury, 12 Buckley, 25 Manganese-mottled sherds, 6 Staffordshire slipware, 12 Agateware, 43 Whieldonware, 2,154 creamware, 2,912 pearlware, 426 refined white earthenware, 2,380 whiteware, 37 ironstone, 381 redware, 2 Canary yellow ware, 133 yelloware, 3 Portobello ware, 3 bone china ware, 428 white granite ware, 13 Chinese export porcelain, 311 porcelain, 22 coarse earthenware, 188 white salt-glazed stoneware, 23 Nottingham, 2 Rhenish brown stoneware, 12 Rhenish gray stoneware, 52 English Brown stoneware, 164 miscellaneous stoneware, and 5 unidentified ceramic sherds. In addition, 6,475 floral remains were recovered from test units and soil/flotation sampling. For more information on the archeobotanical assemblage from the site, see the linked ethnobotany profile for the site. In general, the historical archeological deposits at the Market Master’s House are consistent with use of the building as a residence. In addition, the historical and archeological records suggest the building was a store in the 18th and very early 19th century. The house was occupied by tenants for much of the property’s history. A wide variety of artifacts from all functional groups dating to all use periods was found on the site. Refuse distribution patterns, with artifacts concentrated near the windows and doors, is consistent with historic domestic disposal patterns. Because of the long period of occupation and presence of mixed contexts, attributing portions of the assemblage to specific owners or inhabitants is difficult. Additional research was conducted at the Market Master House in 2012. At that time, a Phase I survey was being carried out along MD 450 from the Peace Cross to 57th Avenue in Bladensburg. The research was carried out in advance of community enhancement improvements along the highway within a 25-foot wide LOD (limit of disturbance) corridor. Radial testing extended up to 100 meters outside the LOD, including onto the Market Master House property. The planned roadside improvements included: the reconstruction if the intersection of MD 450 and MD 202, the construction of a landscaped median along MD 450, the widening of MD 450 to include bicycle compatible lanes/shoulders, sidewalk repair/rehabilitation/modification to ensure ADA compliance, installation of pedestrian lighting, and the consolidation of driveways for commercial properties along MD 450. Investigations were conducted in accordance with the National Historic Preservation Act of 1966 as amended and the Maryland Historical Trust Act of 1985 (state law). Phase I work in 2012 at 18PR983 entailed the excavation of a single STP in the portion fo the site that bordered the former market grounds. This STP was essentially dug into the berm of a ramp leading up to a local road. Perhaps unsurprisingly, this STP exhibited signs of extensive disturbance and did not yield any non-modern artifacts. No formal determination has been made as to the NRHP eligibility of Site 18PR983. In general, however, it can be said that archeological work to date, has encountered multiple intact prehistoric components, and revealed the presence of intact historic features. The site should be assumed to be a significant archeological resource until a formal determination can be made.
External Reference Codes
Library ID Numbers: #http://www.jefpat.org/archeobotany/Map.aspx#